Saturday, January 2, 2010

Google Docs for Sharing and Collaboration

Figured I would get an early start so I would not forget :-)
Something that has been around for a while already and have heard quite a few teachers on Twitter talk about it is Google Docs. It contains its own versions of "Word", "Excel", and "PowerPoint."


Its a great way to collaborate with others without having to pass files back and forth. People can collaborate on files all online! This is great for group projects and you can easily tell who did what and when. You can also go back to a previous version in case someone made a mistake.
I like the sharing part since I can use it in class as a way to turn in class assignments and I can tell who did what. This is a great way to make sure all students are part of a group assignment. I am also going to have lab reports turned in this way. No more paper! I have created a template called Chemistry Lab Report, Search Templates, that students can use. The template will insure that students don't forget key items from the report.
Try it out! By the way, I do enjoy Google products since they are FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment