Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Vimeo for Video Sharing

Sorry, been out a few days sick, so now I need to catch up :-)
This was my planned Jan 4th entry


Vimeo is a great video sharing site I discovered after Google stopped using Google Video. I like its different sharing options, especially the Channels. I am currently sharing my chemistry lectures to my different classes through their specific channel. Its free but I paid the $60 for the whole year so students can download the original WMV files, instead of the converted Flash video, for better quality (still need to make versions playable on iPods/iTouch). I like that it provides Stats for the week to see if students are visiting the videos. I also used it last year on the students' Rice trip for a blog about their experiences. I have included an example below.

No comments:

Post a Comment